For a dog to grow healthy, exercise is very important. Walking frequently will meet your dog’s active needs. But one problem is that most owners rarely have free time to walk their pets, which also depends on weather conditions. So a dog treadmill will be what you need to help your dog lead a healthier life. The best dog treadmill has become a modern trend among attentive pet owners today.
However, is it as good as you think it is? Let’s refer to the most detailed information about the dog treadmill in the following article.
What is a treadmill dog?
First, we need to understand what a dog treadmill is? The dog treadmill is the same as a treadmill for humans. It is equipped with a rotating floor that allows your dog to move at a fixed speed. However, the dog treadmill is smaller and has straps to keep the dog within a safe range and avoid falling or sliding out while the machine is on.
The dog treadmill also has two types: mechanical and manual.
Advantages of the best dog treadmill
- Your dog needs to exercise at least 1 hour a day. For energetic dogs, exercise time may be more.
- A dog treadmill will help improve your dog’s health and reduce stress when not being out for a walk or alone.
- The dog treadmill is a solution that saves you a lot of time by exercising your dog indoors instead of having to take it outside. All you need to do is start the engine, and your dog will have sufficient exercise.
- You do not have to worry about weather conditions anymore. Extreme weather such as hot summer days, rain, or winter will be a thing of the past, and your dog can exercise in the comfort of your home. In addition, indoor training also helps your dog to avoid the risks on the road, such as vehicles, bushes, or dog thieves are lurking out there. Practicing at home with the treadmill will definitely be a safe and comfortable way.
- In some countries, dogs like Pit-bull and Rottweiler are banned on the street. If you don’t want to have trouble walking your dog on the street, the best dog treadmill will be an effective solution for those friends who cannot get out.
- Your dog will not have to endure extreme weather such as hot summer days, rain, or winter. They can exercise in the comfort of your home.
- The dog treadmill allows you to design a streamlined exercise program. Based on your dog’s health and physique, you can change the speed of a rotating floor, increase the distance, maybe even adjust the tilt. The practice at different levels makes all parts of the body active.
- In addition to a regular workout, your dog can also enjoy your favorite animal TV shows while exercising.
Disadvantages of the dog treadmill
- The biggest drawback of the dog treadmill is its price. It is quite expensive; The average manual treadmill costs as little as $ 400. While motorized machines even go up to $ 1000. It can be said that this is a price that not all dog owners can afford.
- The second problem is the size. A treadmill for dogs, no matter how small, will take up a certain space in your home. So, if you have a house that is not too big, storage can be a challenge.
- As stated above, the dog treadmill can avoid weather problems and risks when outdoors. However, this can also be considered a disadvantage because it can not provide beautiful scenery in the park or even fresh air. Moreover, staying at home also means limiting social contact with other dogs. Even though you use the dog treadmill, sometimes, you should still take your dog for a walk in the traditional way.
- Is the treadmill a nightmare? Not all dogs will happily hop on the dog treadmill and train for the first time. This cork can scare it or cause injuries if not properly exercised. So, before applying the dog treadmill exercise, you should get your dog familiar with the machine first. Start with a basic level and slow speed. Then gradually increase the time the dog runs on the treadmill to 45-60 minutes or as directed by the veterinarian. Do not be too impatient.
- Because the dog treadmill is just a machine to run, sometimes it will also have technical problems. And you need to repair or maintain it.
Above are some advantages and disadvantages to the best dog treadmill. Any device has its two sides. We hope that this article has provided you with the most accurate assessment of the dog treadmill in considering whether to buy it or not. After all, the health of your 4-legged friend is still the top priority, right? Thanks for reading our article.